The Aliens

One fine morning, I was sitting and reading the newspaper. That’s when something caught my eye. There was a big headline saying- ALIENS FOUND ON MARS! FIRST ONE TO REACH WILL GET $1000! This was exciting news, not for the money, but, because of the chance to meet the aliens!

I rushed over to tell my friends. When I reached the park, all my friends were there. They were talking about the same thing. I told them that we could build a rocket and reach Mars.

“How can we do it? People from all over the world will be competing.” One of my friends said.

“Its fine. We can give it a try. Don’t think about the money. It will be really exciting to meet the aliens.” I reassured.

Everyone agreed. We began to design the rocket. We took advise from many scientists. A few days later it was ready. We checked if all the parts were neatly lubricated. At last all of us got in and started the countdown. 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,blast off!

In 5 minutes, we were in the Earth’s atmosphere and before we could realise we were orbiting the Earth. To save fuel we decided to give our rocket a little push when it was in the perigee and let go slow when it was in the apogee. This way we saved fuel and weren’t spendthrift. After we were outside the Earth’s gravitational field we saw a big asteroid coming towards us. We were in an inescapable state. Fortunately, we were able to steer our rocket away. We all sighed a sigh of emancipation.

A few days later we entrenched our rocket on the surface of Mars. We came out of our rocket and looked around with awe. We saw many hydroelectricity plants and farms which were producing fruits and vegetables in abundance. We also saw skyscrapers with conductivity. Suddenly, an alien jumped out from nowhere.

“Um... Hi!! We are from planet Earth. I believe you are a Martian?” I asked.

“Yes, my name is Boink. We were expecting you.” Boink said.

“How did you know we were coming up here to visit you?” I asked.

“Well, you guys are the 10th group of earthlings here.” Boink replied.

“Oh!” I said. Boink showed us his planet with pride.

“It’s a good thing that you don’t have pollution.” One of my friends said. She was right. There were lush green trees and colourful flowers everywhere. There no natural disasters such as famines etc…

“Yeah. It’s because we are content with the technology we have. We don’t even need to take those horrid vaccines.” Boink replied. Compared to them our technology and development seemed insignificant. After many hours we had to leave. We took substantial amount of Martian snacks and left. We weren’t the first on Mars. But, at least we had fun with the aliens.

Comments

Popular Posts