Procrast... I'll finish it later

Project's due in a month
that's a long time,
I'll finish it later.

I'll do something else instead;
like:
Google- how to fire a gun,
and what the ancient Romans did for fun.

And while I'm at it
can someone be nice
and open the curtains to let in the sun?

Project's due in a week,
plenty of time up my sleeve,
so,
I'll finish it later.

To pass time I'll just,
listen to the periodic table song,
which is rather long (not really);
or challenge my friend,
to a game of ping pong.

Maybe,
I'll just cut off the Wi-Fi,
to play the dinosaur game,
till my high score is the cause of my fame.

Project's due in three days,
I really must do something,
but,
I'll finish it later.

That book lying on the shelf
looks so much more inviting;
I can certainly afford to read
a chapter or two.
Then I must read the synopsis of
that new movie too.

Project's due in a day,
while the sun shines,
better make some hay,
or so people say.

Absolutely not- I say;
I'll finish it later.

While the sun shines
I must play;
then figure out why the ancients ever made clay.

Why?
'Cause, why not?

Project's due in less than twelve hours;
I guess I really must work on it now.

As for the poem,
I'll finish it later.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts