Treading into the unknown

* Thoughts before coming to ASP
"Do you want to go or not?" Were my mother's firm words. I'm not very good at making choices but this one seemed easy.

"Yes."

I replied equally firmly. And now that I am here, I don't regret the choice one bit. As I travel through the recesses of my mind I can very vividly grope out what exactly I went through as count down for d- day began.

Ten days before: I was very laid back and hadn't a thing to bother about as the sound of the crisp, brown pages of my book drowned out everything. I did manage to finish reading my book without realising that I had only a few days before I was due to leave. Only problem with that was- I realised after I finished reading by book. A cold fear- one that I have never before encountered- usurped my mind. My thoughts ran like wild horses- impossible to reign.

 "Will I ever get along with everybody there?"

 "What if I get infected with the vile writers' block and spend 3 weeks staring at blank pages while everybody else adorns theirs with beautifully crafted word ornaments?"

Shaking my head in a failed attempt to get rid of the thoughts, I got to actual work. I successfully packed my bag with these thoughts perpetually plaguing my mind.

"Stop." I chided myself, "You are a writer. And this is what you have been waiting for all your fourteen years of life."

Using this statement as an antidote to all the frequent usurpers I walked with the courage of a lion which shattered the moment I saw everyone.

"So many people. What if I end up forgetting how to speak and just have to stare at everyone stupidly?"A thought yelled as it skidded past my tofu- like brain.

"Shut up." The alert side of my brain scolded and with a deep breath I walked into a world full of new opportunities and possibilities.

Comments

Popular Posts