Hijacked- Friends Made

“Violet come downstairs.Quick we just have 45 minutes!” My friend Pam called out. (She’s a detective).

“It’s ok Pam. It’s giving me extra time to apply my make up.” Veronica replied. (She is a fashion designer and the only thing she bothers about is MAKE UP). Oh! Where are my manners? I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Violet the most famous scientist. Finally, Pam came up to my room and was really bugged up that I was going through some documents.

“Violet! For goodness sake please understand.We are going for a vacation and not a business trip!” Pam screeched. Before I could say anything, Pam was dragging me downstairs.

After a long ride we were in the plane. A while after we took off, I started feeling hungry. I called an air hostess and asked her for cookies. She came back in a minute. That’s when I noticed she had 2 little antennae on her head. I just thought that the high altitude was making my head go coo-coo. I was lost in my thoughts, when Pam nudged me and said “Hey, her hands look weird.” I nodded (typical detective). 

Just then Veronica said “Hey, she has three eyes or is it just make up?” Veronica loves to play pranks on us so, we looked up to see for ourselves. I and Pam freaked out by what we saw. The air hostess didn’t have three eyes when she served me and Pam! After that it didn’t take time to figure out that our crew had turned into aliens and we were HIJACKED!

We could hear anxious gasps, shrieks from our fellow passengers. I was lost in thoughts when Pam said “No time to dream Violet. Can’t you hear what’s going on? The aliens are also saying something in a language we don’t understand.” 

“Pam, let the aliens do what they want because they seem friendly. But, they surely scared the living day lights out of me.” I replied.

 Pam just ignored me and took out her translating pocket device. The aliens were saying “WE ARE FROM PLANET ALIENERA. PLEASE DON’T BE SCARED. WE ARE HARMLESS. WE JUST WANTED SOME VISITORS.” I knew that I was right.

We went up to the aliens and told that this was no way to invite guests. The craziest thing was they understood us and said “We are sorry.”

“It’s OK. But don’t go doing this again.” I said and everybody had a great laugh.

We had a rough landing on Alienera. But, the view was picturesque and indeed breathtaking. There were tiny houses lined up and lush green trees everywhere. And every creature small, big, tall, fat moved fearlessly. The whole planet was so peaceful.  We decided to have our vacation there itself. We stayed there for plenty days. 

“Doesn’t anybody try to cut the trees here?” I asked. 

“Nope. We use magic seeds. Once the tree grows nobody can harm it.”said the chief of Alienera.

“Cool” I answered.

 Suddenly, Pam appeared from nowhere. “Where were you Pam?” I asked. 

“I went around almost the whole planet but, I didn’t see any fights,quarrels,wars or stuff like that. While back at home, people are always fighting over religion caste ,creed,etc...” Pam said with a quizzical look on her face. 

“We respect each other’s believes and follow the Charter Of Alien Rights strictly. Anyone who doesn’t follow the rules is banished.” The chief replied with a laugh.

 On the last day we sat around the campfire and thought about what the chief said- we humans are God’s most wonderful creation. Yet, we fight over silly things like religion, caste, creed etc... Why can’t we live like these aliens in peace and harmony and make our mother Earth the most beautiful dwelling place in the whole universe? We all took a pledge to learn a lesson from these critters and spread love and happiness amongst our brethren.

On the next day, when we parted ways we exchanged gifts. We gave them some technology and they gave us their magic seeds.

We promised to meet them once every a year. Suddenly, all I could see was black and white letters. “Wake up sleepy head. We have landed.” Said Pam, taking the book off my face. That’s when I realised that it was just a dream but, there was certainly a lot to learn from it.

Comments

Popular Posts